We love to travel – overseas, interstate and all around our local area.
We’ve collected a LOT of photos documenting these journeys.
The aim of this new meme is to highlight the best ones.
One at a time.
Some easy to follow rules:
- Pick just ONE photo that shows something unique, unusual or quintessential about your travels.
- You can label it, write a story or do a travelogue piece about your photo if you so desire.
- These photos are about the place, the environment (man-made or natural), panoramas, macros – whatever captures your eye.
- All photos must be your own.
- NO selfies or family pics please.
We’re all about the scenery at Thursday Travels!
Miyajima island is found in Hiroshima Bay, Japan. It is famous for its forests and ancient temples.
We spent a day here, walking up hill and down dale, through temples and shrines. When we arrived early in the morning it was high tide and the orange Great Torii Gate was partially submerged. It marks the entrance to the Itsukushima Shrine, which was first built in the 12th century. When we returned from our walk around Miyajima several hours later, it was low tide and we could walk around the gate (with everyone else!) trying to get artistic photos. It was difficult to pick just one shot for this meme!
Add your link below if you’d like to share your very own #ThursdayTravels pics.